Protection and Self-Care
in partnership with UNICEF, under the supervision of the Lebanese Ministry of Social Affairs (2014-2017)
GBV Prevention + Child Protection
Community mobilisation around Child Rights and Gender-Based Violence to prevent and address violence, abuse and exploitation of childrend and women.
More than 36 000 women and adolescent girls had access to GBV services in safe spaces.
16 community groups were established inside Informal settlements to address any SGBV and enforce child protection.
GBV sessions are divided amongst men, women, and teens.
Combatting Child Labor
Insurance that children, adolescents and caregivers who demonstrate psycho-social distress have access to structured activities:
Psycho-social support for children: Around 42 000 children in total.
Psycho-social support for caregivers: Around 19 000 caregivers.
Life Skills programs for adolescents: Around 25 000 adolescents
Provision of Quality Information for more than 47 000 children and 24 000 caregivers to facilitate access to information and sensitization to boys, girls, and caregivers that promotes wellbeing, risk mitigation and positive coping mechanisms.
Providing, within the informal tented settlements, learning education, psycho-social support, child protection and child friendly space for playing for more than 6 800 Syrian displaced children resident in 170 informal tented settlements all over Lebanon.
The GBV program divides its work according to age groups: minors (under 18) and adults (above 18). This program aims to raise awareness on the risk of violence, abuse and exploitation, as well as mobilization on GBV prevention and response. --> prevention workshops
Raising Awareness on drug abuse for all community members especially parents on the preventive measures in local communities in partnership with the Lebanese network for the prevention from drug abuse.
Psychocial support consist of both art therapy and one-on-one sessions with Beyond’s social workers.
Drug abuse campaign:
Raising awareness on drug abuse for all community members especially parents. Education sessions regarding preventive measures in local communities in partnership with the Lebanese Network for The Prevention of Drug Abuse.
Implementation of Accelerated Vocational Training sessions:
1 350 children benefited, in different sectors from protection against the worst forms of child abuse in South Lebanon, mount Lebanon, Bekaa and Beirut Suburbs.
• Innovative training for 1 200 under privileged groups especially Women and youth in ICT, business and livelihood skills with a linkage to Micro finance institution to obtain small businesses that increase economic growth.
• Trained youth and assist them to establish Social Entrepreneurs and business initiatives for youth as civil companies called Connected Community Centers and Business Initiative leaded by Youth in all over Lebanon.
• Small businesses were initiated in south Lebanon for cluster Bombs Victims to income generate and economically support.
Creation of child friendly spaces:
Within the informal tented settlements, provision of: learning education, psycho-social support, child protection and child friendly spaces for playing for more than 6 800 Syrian displaced children resident in 170 informal tented settlements all over Lebanon.
• Providing awareness on worst form of child labor to more than 5 000 displaced Syrians resident in 200 informal tented settlements, along with meetings with employers to enhance the work environment of the children and decrease the number of working hours. 765 Syrian displaced children were moved from worst form of child labor to light work.
• Creating 3 child friendly municipalities and conducting training for members of both Municipalities, elected and children, to implement projects designed by children and create child friendly space.